Tuesday, September 25, 2007

From Grandma's Perspective - January 12, 2007

Wow!! What a roller coaster ride. I had no idea. The phrase "you can't picture it until you've been there" has once again proven itself. I'm a Grandma! I stood by and watched as my son-in-law was the best husband/ coach I have ever witnessed, and being a retired labor and delivery nurse, I have watched many. I watched my baby girl be the strongest woman I could ever imagine. There are no words to express how much I admired her as she graciously went through one of the most challenging events of her life. I was in awe of her. Then, the most amazing thing happened. After hours of teasing us and months of waiting, Jenna Irene made her entrance and I became a Grandma. Jenna is beautiful and perfect. I know that I am not biased in any way because too many people agree with me for it not to be so. Some say she looks like her daddy and some say like her mommy. In all reality, she looks like Jenna, a perfect sweetheart, a special gift from God. How blessed we are. Welcome to our world precious little one. I can't wait for what lies ahead. Grandma loves you. Thank you, Josh and Krissy for such a wonderful gift. I love you both bunches and bunches.

No comments: