Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Spring - April 25, 2007

Well, all the signs of spring are here. My flowers are making an appearance. Some are even blooming. The sun is playing hide and seek with the clouds. Today, the clouds are winning. I worked in my flowerbeds today until I was tired of the intermittant rain. It's no fun to be soaking wet. The trees are budding, at least those that remain. The local critter population seems to have increased this year. Either that they have discovered that no dog lives here, right now. We have one visitor that is most unwelcome and remains invisible, except for leaving signs of his presence. The beaver has violated my trees. He has discovered their tender bark and has feasted upon them. It is so sad. There they are. Cut down in their youth. We have no idea where the beaver is. He hides by day and returns by night. I am sure that he is somewhere feeling very pleased with himself. I, however, am not so pleased.

No comments: