Tuesday, September 25, 2007

So Blessed - October 17, 2006

Two nights ago we built our first fire in the fireplace, this season. We didn't use the fireplace at all last year. I didn't realize how much I missed it. There is nothing like backing up in front of a warm fireplace, even if you aren't particulary cold. This morning I am sitting at my desk. ( as usual) Looking out my window, there is no question that winter is just around the corner. The last of the fall colors are stubbornly hanging on to the trees. There are more and more bare branches. The blooms on my pansies are bravely hanging in there, surrounded with the remains of last night's wet snow. It is time to put the lawn mower away and clean out the flower beds. It hardly seems like summer should be gone. Where did it go to? Oh yes! I know! It's still there, in my memory. It was warm, wonderful, sweet and full of precious memories that will last a lifetime. There is no other way to describe it. So, I will make some room in the flower beds of my heart for the next season. Wife, Mother, Mother-inlaw, and now a Grandma. I am so blessed!

No comments: